Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Computer Science is the soul and psyche of many engineering branches. This field is instrumental in bringing the world to where it is today. The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2007 in this institution. It offers B.Tech. CSE and M.Tech., CSE courses to emphasize the field of computer science and information technology in the engineering domain. The institution is accredited by NAAC at A grade and permanently affiliated to JNTU, Kakinada and follows the regulation and curriculum stipulated by the university. The curriculum is so designed as to integrate theoretical and application skills in-depth to produce employable graduates.The department aims to provide the value-added services to the society. The focus is on holistic learning to help the students to make significant contributions at all levels and to meet the expectations of stakeholders. The department has undergone for NBA inspection during 19-01-2018 to 21-01-2018. The Department provides students with the knowledge and skills essential to becoming a multi-skilled IT professional capable of contributing to a high level working areas spanning technology development. Graduates have a wide range of career paths open to them and could be employed in roles such as programmer, network application developer, project leader, process and client manager and IT educator. The quality of education thus provided is reflected in the campus placement record which is near 80 percent.
DEPARTMENT STRENGTHS & FACILITIES :
* Started B.Tech in 2007 with an initial intake of 60
* Enhanced intake from 60 to 120 in the academic year 2010.
* Approved by AICTE.
* Accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade.
* Permanently Affiliated to JNTU Kakinada.
* The department has been certifying by ISO 9001:2015 since 2010-2011. * Providing technical skills to all departments through Campus Recruitment Training Programme at institution level.
* Imparting soft skills with the assistance of English department.
* 100% Placement target for all Students.
* Maintaining 15:1 Student Faculty ratio.
* Effective Implementation of Teaching – Learning Process.
* Class room lectures with modern visual aids.
* Intensive Coaching for weak students.
* State-of Art Labs with all Relevant Hardware and Software.
* All Computer Systems are connected with LAN.
* Two Faculty members obtained M Tech degree and four faculties are in such a way to get their M.Tech degrees.
* Provision of Computer systems to Faculty with internet Facility of 54 Mbps bandwidth.
* Extension Lectures by Faculty.
* Active participation in NSS services.